Pursuant to recommendations made by Alberta Health and the Law Society Of Alberta, NAVIGATOR LAW LLP is committed to offering essential legal services in the safest manner possible during the COVID-19 crisis.
- With the exception of meeting with clients to sign documents, our lawyers and paralegals are fully able/prepared/equipped to work remotely to ensure client matters are addressed when needed.
- Only team members that are symptom-free for more than 10 days and have not had close contact with someone that has tested positive or has traveled within the last 14 days, will be working at our office.
Services Navigator Law is able to provide remotely:
- Annual Returns
- Corporate Registry filings
- Commercial Agreements
- Estate Planning (Will, Power of Attorney and Personal Directive) along with probate consultations
- Real Estate – Review Contract, documents and title search.
- Signing of Minute Book documents
- Statement of Claims
- Tax Planning
Services Navigator Law is able to provide in-person:
For lawyers, many legislative requirements and risk management measures require in-person contact with our clients. The Law Society has relaxed some rules for execution of documents – ex. remote affidavits are possible. Real estate documents are possible.
- Minute Books
- Notary Documents
- Probate applications
- Real Estate Documents
- Wills (POA and PD
How is Navigator Law going to provide the in-person services:
- Our staff are able to wear masks at your request
- Before arranging any meetings, we will ask our clients and other visitors about symptoms and possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Disinfecting of boardrooms after every meeting.
- After each use, all pens and items touched by clients and staff are sterilized.
- We provide hand sanitizer in our designated meeting boardroom.
- All common surfaces such as the reception desk, door handles, and bathrooms and cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- We are prepared to satisfy social distance requirements during meetings to facilitate in-person signatures by witnessing clients executing a document in their cars while one of our lawyers stands nearby.
Services Navigator Law is currently unable to provide:
- Non-Emergency Court Appearances
If you are requiring services not listed above, please give us a call or email and we will be happy to provide you guidance. We at Navigator Law are here to assist you with all the legal advice you and your business needs.