We take the health and safety of our clients, staff and the public seriously. As part of this commitment, the Law Society has recommended (and we accept) important steps to follow considering the advice from Alberta Health Services and other government agencies as the COVID-19 situation evolves in Alberta.
Steps to protect health and safety:
- Increase work area hygiene by cleaning door handles, desks, phones, etc. daily
- Suspend conventional business etiquette such as hand shaking
- Limit in-person meetings by leveraging technology e.g. video conferencing
- Plan for removal of work access and ensure staff have the access and tools needed
- Notify clients and customers if work hours or our operations change
- Keep our voicemail, website and/or social media updated regarding changes to our operations
- Discuss with our staff in case self-quarantine is required
In the event of business office interruption:
- It will be possible for us to offer consultations by phone or other conferencing platforms
- We may be able to offer home visits for the signing of important documents in appropriate circumstances
- We will able to receive all email and phone messages through our remote office locations
- We should be able to negotiate reasonable and safe terms for real estate closings if there are any interruptions with other law offices, banks, couriers, Land Title Office etc. (this was the case during the 2013 flood in Calgary)
Further updates will be available here during this dynamic period. Please contact us if you have any questions as to how he may assist you during this time.